Investment Operations (Back Office)
Treasury / Cash Management
Job reference No.
Our Client an extremely respected financial services firm are recruiting a Treasury Analyst.
The Treasury Team manages the transfer of all monies both internally and externally. This role is responsible for the timely operation of bank accounts on behalf of the company's clients. This will involve checking, validating and authorising banking transactions processed through in-house systems and various banking platforms; in addition, monitoring balances and overdrawn positions.
The role also supports the Treasury Manager in ensuring that accounts adhere to FCA regulations regarding client money rules. The Treasury Team sits within the wider Operations department.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of cash processing
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Office
- Strong Communicator - both verbal and written
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict time scales and targets, producing accurate work
- Desirable to have obtained (or be working towards) at least the Investments Operations Certificate (or equivalent) from the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments ("CISI")
- Ensure all cash processing tasks are completed accurately in accordance with instructions and applicable deadlines
- Identify and resolve all anomalies and differences that arise, including overdrafts and funding requirements. Escalate any potential client money issues to direct line manager
- Ensure outstanding items are resolved in a timely manner and the business area responsible has been notified
- Adhere to procedures while also focusing on improving efficiencies within the established tasks
- Liaise with third party suppliers (such as banks) regarding processing and query resolution
- Ensure that all operational SOPs are up to date, accurate and adhered to
- Comply with operational risk and regulatory control policies and procedures, logging and monitoring risk events where appropriate
- Participate in projects which require input from or directly impact the team
- Responsible for challenging systems and processes to ensure that they are fit for purpose and cost effective
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13447
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Rachael has been recruiting since 2004 specialising in permanent roles within Investment Operations. She has wide-ranging experience in asset servicing across back office and middle office together with Accounting and Finance.
Rachael is passionate about ensuring candidates and clients receive a truly consultative service.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director