Accounting & Finance
Job reference No.
Are you a qualified accountant with a strong background in financial reporting, ideally from within the asset management space? If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Our client, a global asset management firm based in London, is recruiting for a Financial Accounting and Control Manager to join their team on an initial 12-month fixed term contract basis.
- Relevant accounting qualifications from an appropriate industry body
- Strong technical financial accounting / financial control experience gained within the investment management industry
- Big 4 background
- Experience in preparation of financial statements and managing audit relationships
- Strong finance systems experience
- Motivated self-starter with ability to operate effectively in an unstructured environment
- Excellent written and oral communication and influencing skills
- Manage relationships effectively with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to assimilate, analyse and present financial data to a high level of accuracy
- Effective team player, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- The ability to apply analytical skills beyond the traditional functions of finance to adapt to a broad range of commercial issues
- Responsibility for the financial reporting and financial control framework for the EMEA Group of entities (8 in total)
- Maintaining strong general ledger integrity ensuring all positions and balances are fully supported, reconciled and compliant with relevant accounting standards ensuring variances are highlighted with supporting commentary
- Work closely within the global finance teams to align global reporting and controls and develop a consistent global control environment where appropriate.
- Support period end closes to ensure that appropriate processes, systems and controls are in place so that the financial position is correctly reflected and understood, interpreted and communicated.
- Ensuring accurate revenue recognition for the EMEA group including (but not limited to) segregated mandates, performance fees, commissions and pooled fund fees
- Preparation of annual reports and financial statements for the UK Group of entities under the relevant accounting standards (FRS102). Liaising with auditors and ensuring annual reports are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Horizon scanning for relevant updates/changes to accounting standards and their application for the group
- Preparation of technical accounting papers on areas requiring accounting interpretation or judgement - including for any new business transactions or initiatives as required
- Technical finance representation at project steering groups and business initiatives
- Development and documentation of relevant financial controls and policies and procedures where appropriate
- Strong risk management mindset. Identification and reporting of risk related issues and continuous focus on enhancement of controls in line with the firm's risk appetite
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13966
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
As Senior Consultant within Core-Asset Solutions, a division of Core-Asset Consulting, Ian specialises in the recruitment of interim, temporary and contract staff across the financial services and investment sectors in Scotland.
His areas of expertise include Accountancy and Finance roles. Whilst Ian has become a trusted partner for our clients seeking qualified and experienced professionals, Ian also assists graduates in gaining access into the financial sector.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director