Job reference No.
Our client, a market leading and growing investment consultancy is looking for FFA/FIA or CFA qualified Investment Research Associate to join their team.
You will be instrumental in conducting and communicating high quality Equity research analysis and advice with an ESG focus.
The successful candidate must have a proven knowledge of and interest in the field of Investment with a clear understanding of systematic and multi-factor investing approaches
- Degree in economics, finance, maths or other highly numerate discipline
- FFA/FIA or CFA qualification or with equivalent experience
- Understanding of capital markets and financial assets
- Experience in evaluating systematic and multi-factor approaches
- General understanding of economics and corporate strategy
- Ability to present well in client and manager meetings
- Proven interviewing and primary research skills
- Established report writing skills
- Proven project management experience and multi-tasking ability
- First class relationship building and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- An understanding of the UK pensions industry
- Provide support to the team on maintaining Equity market views and market background commentary
- Support on passive and multi-factor equity research
- Develop strong working relationships with Investment consultants and external managers
- Input into and lead on investment thought pieces, white papers and client papers on asset class and managers, including selection exercises and monitoring
- Identify and carry out detailed research on new investment opportunities
- Provide high quality, credible manager research to internal consultants and clients
- Manage and follow manager search procedures for Local Government clients
- Maintain coverage of passive equity rated manager strategies
- Provide manager commentary and recommendations
- Be proactive in sharing new ideas and approaches across the Investment practice
- Be familiar with and comply with the Investment Practice internal Controls and Compliance audit
- Assist in budgeting and planning for investment research projects
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: (13985)
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Louise is the co-founder of Core-Asset Consulting, she is an experienced recruitment specialist with over 20 years’ experience, initially within asset management Louise transitioned to FinTech, Platforms and Pensions following client demand in these areas.
Together with her sector level specialisms Louise is responsible for the day-to-day management of the permanent recruitment team.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director