Accounting & Finance
Regulatory Reporting / Risk
Job reference No.
Do you have experience in the preparation or oversight of financial statements for open ended funds? If this sounds like you, we have a great opportunity for you!
Our client, a global asset management firm based in Edinburgh, is recruiting for a Financial Reporting Associate provide support on an initial 6 month fixed term contract
- Have experience in the preparation or oversight of open-ended fund Financial Statements
- Excellent excel and data manipulation skills.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of pooled investment fund structures
- Experience of financial statements prepared in accordance with IFRS / UK GAAP / US GAAP
- Knowledge of Custody, TA and Depositary functions.
- Strong relationship management skills, ability to develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels, internal and external, e.g. Product team, Operational Change team, Legal counsel
- Ambition and drive, coupled with commitment and enthusiasm to improve the efficiency of the role and the department
- Ability to work when under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Team player, willing to contribute fully to the workings of the department and within a team framework.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative
- Effective communication and negotiation skills both oral and written
- Sound decision making & judgement
- Creative, analytical and innovative thinking
- Strong Control & Risk Management focus, and strong planning and organisational skills
- Articulate and effective reporting skills
- Oversight and project management of the annual and semi-annual Financial Statements processes:
- Engagement with Auditors and other external suppliers involved in the Financial Statements production
- Tracking and management of deliverables against timetable
- Managing accounts proofing cycle with internal stakeholders, third party administrator, type setter and proof reader
- Review and sign off on the Estimated and Final distribution rates
- Knowledge of open-ended funds eg OEICs, SICAV, VCC and US funds an advantage
- Ensure that all procedural documentation is accurate, updated and readily accessible
- Any other reasonable tasks assigned to you by your manager
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14121
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
As Senior Consultant within Core-Asset Solutions, a division of Core-Asset Consulting, Ian specialises in the recruitment of interim, temporary and contract staff across the financial services and investment sectors in Scotland.
His areas of expertise include Accountancy and Finance roles. Whilst Ian has become a trusted partner for our clients seeking qualified and experienced professionals, Ian also assists graduates in gaining access into the financial sector.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director