Job reference No.
Our client, a leading pension consultancy are looking to recruit a numerate school leaver or recent graduate who has a passion for analysis and keen to join a team where you will learn about the pension sector. As an actuarial analysis you will be responsible for learning about actuarial valuation calculations, funding updates, transfer values and accounting disclosures.
- Degree Qualified/Educated to at least a Scottish Higher-Grade B / GCSE Grade A or equivalent in Maths.
- Proven work experience in a role where you can demonstrate strong numerical capabilities
- Good/advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel or similar package. (eg VBA)
- Liaison with specialist technical doers and internal client teams to check all necessary data processing, calculation and statutory reporting work for the Company's DB pension scheme clients. This will be carried out in line with an agreed process.
- Undertake benefit summary, benefit changes, previous valuation data etc and discuss anomalies with client teams.
- Use Firm's bespoke valuation systems to undertake actuarial valuations and individual and global checks on the output.
- Work with the other members of the specialist team and people in the wider business on ad-hoc projects to improve efficiency and develop processes.
- Working with more junior specialists and helping to develop their actuarial knowledge and skillsets.
- Take responsibility for maintaining knowledge on relevant industry changes which impact on day-to-day work.
- Adhering to the firm's Information Security standards, policies, and procedures.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Wider Benefits package.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14143
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Louise is the co-founder of Core-Asset Consulting, she is an experienced recruitment specialist with over 20 years’ experience, initially within asset management Louise transitioned to FinTech, Platforms and Pensions following client demand in these areas.
Together with her sector level specialisms Louise is responsible for the day-to-day management of the permanent recruitment team.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director