Accounting & Finance
Job reference No.
Our client, one of the UK's leading pension and investment solutions firms are looking for an Assistant Pensions Finance Manager. The role holder will offer support for the TPA Pensions Finance Manager to ensure effective financial management of TPA. Takes responsibility for, leads and manages the Pension Plan Accounting Team and helps oversight of the Pensioner Payroll and Treasury teams in TPA. Maintains an efficient pensions Accounting, Payroll and Treasury service to allocated clients.
- Strong working knowledge of Pension Scheme accounts.
- Working knowledge of an accounting system / package.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Able to deal with clients, consultants, auditors and other stakeholders in a sensitive and diplomatic manner.
- Relevant professional qualification (eg ACCA, ACA) or relevant industry experience.
- Supports TPA's administration consultancy activities (e.g. auditor reviews, operational cost analysis/reviews)
- Assists with fee quotes and tender responses for accounting services or ad-hoc accounting projects.
- Assists with/manage ad-hoc projects.
- Mentors/signs off professional accounting qualifications for team members (if qualified).
- Leads, manages and support the Pension Plan Accountants.
- Oversees workflow and workload allocation to the Pension Plan Accountants and team.
- Carries out performance management, CDRs, ongoing performance reviews and supports development of the Pension Plan Accounting.
- Works with the Treasury and Payroll Team Leaders to maintain consistency with staff development.
- Ensures that pension fund Trustee Report & Accounts are prepared and signed-off, complying with statutory deadlines and deadlines specified within client agreements.
- Maintains nominal and investment ledgers for each client in order to prepare financial statements
- Where relevant, liaises with Global Custodians to ensure that investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and scheme accounting policies.
- Completes HMRC Self-Assessment Forms for Trustees to sign.
- Completes and submits VAT returns (where relevant).
- Liaises with Partners, consultants and administrators regarding issues raised during preparation of the Trustee Report and Accounts raised by auditors.
- Liaises with auditors to resolve queries and to ensure completion of Report & Accounts within specified deadlines.
- Works with audit firms to maintain relationships and build efficiencies for client audits.
- Attends Trustee meetings to present report and accounts for signing.
- Liaises with other third-party administrators and clients on handover of accounting records for new client installations.
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14271
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Rachael has been recruiting since 2004 specialising in permanent roles within Investment Operations. She has wide-ranging experience in asset servicing across back office and middle office together with Accounting and Finance.
Rachael is passionate about ensuring candidates and clients receive a truly consultative service.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director