Business Analysis - Accounting and Finance
Job reference No.
Are you a qualified accountant with specialist experience in financial reporting? If this sounds like you, we have a great opportunity for you!
Our client, a global financial services business is recruiting for a Fund Financial Reporting Specialist to provide support on an initial 13 month fixed term contract.
This role can be based in Edinburgh or London.
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant (or equivalent)
- Previous experience of working on investment trusts
- Strong technical knowledge of UK GAAP, AIC SORP, IA SORP
- Beneficial to have knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP, IFRS
- Good experience of financial statutory accounting
- Good debt securities and derivatives knowledge
- Exposure to institutional and wholesale fund structures
- Taking a lead role in the analytical review of Financial Statements prepared by third party administrators including Investment Trust, OEIC, Unit Trust, SICAV.
- Ensure financial statements are compliant with appropriate accounting standards (e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, Luxembourg GAAP) and regulatory requirements (e.g. COLL, relevant SORPs, CSSF)
- Liaison with auditors to ensure that the annual audit is properly planned, and carried out efficiently and effectively
- Oversight of controls and procedures at third party administrators.
- Preparation and presentation of memos to fund Boards confirming the review of financial statements, providing analysis, and discussing any issues that have arisen during the process
- Review of change in regulations and accounting standards and impact on financial statements, and preparation of Board papers discussing these changes where appropriate
- Provision of ad-hoc support to the investment and product teams in relation to significant transactions and projects
- Close liaison with the investment and product teams to remain informed on the funds' business and operations
- Preparation of accounting papers for complex transactions or new asset classes to ensure correct accounting treatment
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14741
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
As Senior Consultant within Core-Asset Solutions, a division of Core-Asset Consulting, Ian specialises in the recruitment of interim, temporary and contract staff across the financial services and investment sectors in Scotland.
His areas of expertise include Accountancy and Finance roles. Whilst Ian has become a trusted partner for our clients seeking qualified and experienced professionals, Ian also assists graduates in gaining access into the financial sector.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director