Investment Operations (Back Office)
Fund Accounting / NAV
Job reference No.
Our client, a UK based Asset servicing firm are looking for a Fund Accountant - Officer. This managerial position has responsibility for managing the day to day Fund Accounting administration service ensuring that all deliverables are produced and dispatched on time and in accordance with client service level agreements and agreed quality standards.
- You will act as a senior escalation point within the team for all internal State Street and Client related queries and is expected to take ownership or delegate as appropriate.
- The candidate is also be responsible for the management of staff, ensuring that all staff are trained, coached and developed in line with their role and development pathways.
- The Accounting Officer directly responsible for leading projects, performing team and department level analysis of the process, running initiatives related to all aspects of the business at departmental level.
- We are looking for exceptional individuals to help drive this continued success and contribute positively to our market leading position
- Primary Degree or a Professional or Accounting qualification or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in the provision of fund administration services or in another aspect of the Financial Services Industry for a number of years.
- Proven experience of team management in a financial services environment.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools including Word and Excel.
- Oversee Valuations for specified clients and ensure that all relevant checks to the Funds NAVs have been completed. This will include checks against fund benchmarks and reasonability reports.
- Maintain managerial oversight of all operations conducted by the Fund Group.
- Act as escalation point for technical issues encountered in the daily business.
- Ensure sufficiently trained staff are available to service the clients and deliver quality service.
- Monitor errors and potential losses/ breaches. Complete loss/breach documentation and ensure remediation/ training are identified and relevant remedial action is taken and training (as appropriate) is completed.
- Attend service calls as required and plan accordingly for confirmed projects. Act as primary liaison for Fund Accounting activities.
- Continually review the Operating Environment & implement improvements where necessary.
- Where client initiatives involve the need to amend the current process, liaise with the appropriate Staff Members/Client Relationship Managers to ensure full understanding of current vs. future state and potential gaps/business impacts that may require project support.
- Assist as Subject Matter Expert during Clients' visits or projects where technical knowledge of the process is required.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries / problems within agreed timescales.
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14811
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Rachael has been recruiting since 2004 specialising in permanent roles within Investment Operations. She has wide-ranging experience in asset servicing across back office and middle office together with Accounting and Finance.
Rachael is passionate about ensuring candidates and clients receive a truly consultative service.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director