Accounting & Finance
Financial Reporting (UK)
Job reference No.
Our client, a multi-asset servicing specialist, is looking for a Financial Reporting Accountant based in Glasgow to sit within the Fund Accounting Department. The Department has responsibility for a number of different functions inclusive of daily net asset value (NAV) production, periodic oversight controls and production of statutory financial statements. The successful candidate will produce interim and year-end financial statements in accordance with all regulations pertaining to the above fund types and in accordance with client service level agreements.
- Accounting degree or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience within Financial Reporting.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid numerical and analytical skills
- Time management and planning skills
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and regulations pertaining to Open Ended Collective Investment Schemes.
- Working towards or studying for a professional accounting qualification.
- To meet client KPI's and service delivery commitments.
- To produce interim and year end individual and aggregated financial statements for assigned funds.
- Timely completion of internal team management information.
- Working closely with Fund Accounting and Shared Service teams in managing responses to Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians.
- Adhere to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks.
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for new and existing processes.
- Timely escalation of any issues to Senior Accountant and Assistant Manager.
- Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken, and evidence retained, where deadlines / quality standards are at risk.
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14820
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Rachael has been recruiting since 2004 specialising in permanent roles within Investment Operations. She has wide-ranging experience in asset servicing across back office and middle office together with Accounting and Finance.
Rachael is passionate about ensuring candidates and clients receive a truly consultative service.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director