Investment Operations (Back Office)
Fund Accounting / NAV
Job reference No.
Our client, a multi-asset servicing specialist, is looking for a Senior Fund Accountant based in Glasgow to sit within the Fund Administration Department. The Department is comprised of a number of different functions responsible for Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) Production, taxation, effective yield accounting and for Statutory and Financial Statements reporting services. The jobholder will contribute to the successful delivery of agreed deliverables in accordance with client service level agreements. This role is responsible for the monitoring, review and sign off of work completed by other team members and client deliverables.
- Financial services background.
- IOC or equivalent professional qualification or willingness to study towards.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid numerical skills and accounting knowledge.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills.
- Computer literacy including spreadsheet skills.
- Mix of Fund Accounting and NAV experience.
- pControl experience or previous exposure.
- Professional accounting qualification.
- To meet client KPI's and service delivery commitments
- To take ownership for review and sign-off of team deliverables including Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations, Year end and interim financial statements, Distribution calculations, Monthly trustee / control packs, Management service charge calculations, Yield calculations, Total expense ratios, ONS Returns
- Timely completion of internal team management information
- Participate in client and internal change activity as required ensuring no detrimental impact to client service delivery
- Day to day production contact with Clients, Auditors, Trustees, Custodians, and other departments.
- Support Assistant Manager in embedding a culture of fund ownership providing for end-to-end knowledge and understanding.
- Support both Manager and Assistant Manager in ensuring all significant activities are documented within procedures, kept up-to date, and recorded on the procedure database.
- Provision of feedback to Assistant Managers and Managers on the performance of Fund Accountants.
- Provision of training to Fund Accountants and new starts.
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 14822
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Rachael has been recruiting since 2004 specialising in permanent roles within Investment Operations. She has wide-ranging experience in asset servicing across back office and middle office together with Accounting and Finance.
Rachael is passionate about ensuring candidates and clients receive a truly consultative service.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director