Investment Operations (Back Office)
Compliance Monitoring (Back Office)
Job reference No.
Core Asset's client is currently recruiting for a Senior Compliance Assurance Consultant to review themes and processes around issues with regulatory compliance and conduct risk across the whole of the business. This is a great role for someone with internal audit or compliance monitoring experience, who is keen to work in a busy and ever changing environment.
- Relevant industry experience, preferably in a Compliance Monitoring/Assurance role or Internal Audit background.
- Strong understanding of financial services, specifically Life and Pensions and/or Asset Management knowledge, as well as knowledge of product administration processes and outsourced service arrangements.
- Strong knowledge of the Statutory and Regulatory framework applicable, including FCA, TPR and PRA rules and guidance.
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks and adapt to the changes in demand and priority.
- Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision.
- Customer and conduct risk focused.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, including the ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be self-directing.
- Strong team working, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- As per the job profile or consultant notes
- Plan, undertake and deliver all types of compliance assurance reviews in line with current team processes. This includes interacting with senior management within the business and, where relevant, outsourced service providers.
- Deliver reviews efficiently and within agreed timeframes.
- Draft reports to a standard appropriate for board level review.
- Ensure that where management actions are identified that these are tracked to resolution and escalated where necessary.
- Provide regular updates and support to the Head of Assurance in reporting to key committees as required for Compliance Monitoring.
- Lead more junior compliance assurance consultants in the conduct of reviews and other conduct and compliance related tasks.
- Contribute to wider Conduct and Compliance and Group Risk projects, as required.
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13974
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Kim joined Core-Asset Consulting in 2008 post-graduation.
Kim specialises in recruiting experienced individuals into middle office technical roles together with managing all Legal recruitment requirements with clients.
Kim has a professional and proactive approach ensuring candidates and clients always receive the highest standards of service.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director