Risk & Compliance
Job reference No.
Our asset management client is recruiting for a Supplier Risk Assurance Manager to join them on a permanent basis. This role is technical, customer and supplier facing as well as encompassing a degree of project management. Candidates should have previous experience in risk and building frameworks, and possess a flexible mindset, to be able to deal with constantly changing situations. The role holder will be responsible for the active risk management of suppliers, ensuring all policies are effectively adhered to in line with the Supplier Risk Assurance Framework. Alongside managing annual risk assurance activities, the role will require proactive and forward-thinking risk management, mitigation, and regulatory oversight activities.
* Proven and demonstrable experience in financial services firm/audit firm operational risk and/or corporate governance
* Excellent communication skills (oral, visual and written)
* Excellent time management
* Excellent relationship management skills
* Analytical thinking
* Excellent team player
* Good attention to detail
* Flexibility and positivity
* Able to influence others to act and support positive outcomes
* Experience in a Risk/Audit/Control function either within an audit firm role or financial services firm.
* Prior Third party risk/ Supplier Risk experience is an advantage.
* Understanding of contract and approval documentation for RFPs, MSAs etc.,
* Project Management: Ability to manage initiatives and projects, self-starter.
* Knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines, vendor management, sourcing and procurement, financial services, completing assessments of vendors.
* Be a subject matter expert in all supplier risk assurance activities in line withmOutsourcing Policy and Standards.
* Understand the risks associated with outsourcing arrangements and the successful mitigation of those risks.
* Continually monitor service providers through proactive risk management, reviewing management information and providing input into relevant board reporting.
* Plan and prioritise a schedule of due diligence visits for suppliers, taking account of any required reprioritisation by collaborating with internal departments. Due Diligence requirements will also include working with functional business owners to carry out initial due diligence of new suppliers or new services from existing suppliers in line with the Global Outsourcing Policy.
* Perform oversight and report on the control environment within key TPAs through the effective management of risk review governance meetings.
* Develop and monitor key risk indicators with suppliers.
* Coordinate and review service provider internal control reports (AAF/ISAE3402 etc), including the analysis and closure of identified exceptions.
* Monitor completion of action plans, working with the business owners as required.
* Continuously work to streamline and improve processes to provide optimal client experience to internal partners while balancing risk.
* Ability to interact with personnel in all levels to further goals of management team.
* Maintain internal procedures in line with the agreed internal processes.
* A highly competitive salary
* Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13995
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Kim joined Core-Asset Consulting in 2008 post-graduation.
Kim specialises in recruiting experienced individuals into middle office technical roles together with managing all Legal recruitment requirements with clients.
Kim has a professional and proactive approach ensuring candidates and clients always receive the highest standards of service.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director