Job reference No.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Actuarial Analyst, focusing on GMP equalisation projects for UK defined benefit pension scheme clients. Our client is open to candidates who are not taking IFoA exams as well as those who have decided to take exams.
Whilst the near-term focus of your role will be on GMP equalisation projects, over time the plan would be to incorporate similar technical project work into your role over time and as the demand for specific GMP work reduces.
This role can be based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, or London. The firm is open to part-time workers.
- Relevant pensions experience.
- Have a good understanding of valuing UK pension schemes defined benefits
- Strong technical actuarial skills and a preference to work on technical actuarial matters.
- Preference for candidate with GMP equalisation calculation experience, or knowledge of other similar technical actuarial calculations and ability to build up expertise in the near term.
- Working knowledge of the legislative framework for UK pension schemes, including treatment of GMPs.
- Aptitude in working with detailed actuarial calculation models.
- Helping enable the delivery of GMP equalisation projects to meet a high-quality standard of service for clients.
- Providing technical specialist expertise working collaboratively alongside a client team.
- Work collaboratively in the preparation of calculations and related advice including checking calculations undertaken by more junior team members.
- Ability to work independently to proactively resolve complex cases and queries relating to pension scheme specific features stemming from GMP equalisation.
- Ability to explain and resolve technical matters for the client team.
- Encouraging effective communication within client teams and technical team to support the delivery of GMP equalisation projects.
- Managing the delivery of GMP equalisation projects efficiently and in line with agreed utilisation and recovery objectives.
- Present work in a clear and understandable manner to colleagues as required.
- Keep up to date with developments in relevant pensions legislation and best practice.
- A highly competitive salary
- Wider Benefits package
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 15535
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Kamilla graduated with a First-Class Degree in Business Management from Edinburgh Napier University in 2019. She joined Core-Asset Consulting in January 2013 initially as an Associate.
Kamilla is responsible for Front Office Asset Management Recruitment across Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Private Equity and Alternatives, together with supporting Core-Asset’s International Executive Search capabilities which operates Globally. Kamilla is trilingual in English, German and Russian.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director