Investment Management (Front Office)
ESG Analyst / Manager
Job reference No.
A great opportunity has been newly created for a Climate Change investment specialist to join a leading investment consultancy practise. You will be instrumental in developing and delivering climate specific advice to external clients and internal colleagues and developing intellectual capital relating to the impact of climate change and supporting key projects. You will also help develop the commercial propositions on climate risk factors to support strategies and solutions for clients.
- Qualified FFA/FIA or CFA (or expectations of qualifying in near future) preferred - may be authorised to give investment advice via another qualification or experience.
- A solid understanding of the legislative framework for UK pension schemes and a strong commercial awareness of the pensions and/or institutional investment markets.
- Practical knowledge and experience of addressing climate change considerations, such as TCFD governance and reporting requirements or climate scenario modelling and analysis.
- Ability to articulate ideas and develop them into tangible offerings.
- Apply strong intellect to problem-solving in client organisations.
- Coach and develop other professionals.
- Consulting with client contacts across a range of levels.
- Recognise and facilitate business development and intra/inter-practice referral opportunities as appropriate.
- Committed to further study and professional development (either Actuarial exams or CFA) is an advantage.
- Working/consulting with clients as an expert on the development and implementation of advice and solutions that address climate change. This may include engagement with consultants, the provision of training and expert input and attendance at client meetings.
- Research of and/or contribution to the development of appropriate analytical tools to allow consultants and/or clients to understand exposure to climate risks and communicate such risks to clients.
- Research into potential investment solutions with investment managers and index providers and develop reasoned/evidence-based views on preferred approaches.
- Development of specialist consulting collateral (papers, reports, presentational material) to support engagement with clients. Where necessary, undertake additional research to develop supporting evidence in support of advisory propositions.
- Working with the internal Climate Change Working Group on the development of the firm's position and messaging around climate risk. This may include internal and external advocacy, writing articles, press comments and presenting at conference/seminars/webinars.
- Support new business development by providing subject matter expert input to tender activity. This may also involve presenting to prospective clients;
- Adhering to the firm's Information Security standards, policies and procedures.
- A highly competitive salary.
- Wider Benefits package.
- Shared Values - Confident, Friendly, Partnering & Straightforward.
- Exceptional learning & development opportunities.
- An excellent working environment with a strong social scene.
- Opportunities to give back through volunteering initiatives.
Core-Asset Consulting is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from everyone irrespective of age, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, race, colour, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital/civil partner status or pregnancy.
Job reference: 13711
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
At Core-Asset, we're committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Our privacy statement explains when and why we collect personal information about people who engage with our services, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure. We may change this policy from time to time, so please check this policy occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes.
By engaging with us (either by applying for a job we're advertising, registering through our website, or getting in touch with our business) you're agreeing to be bound by this policy.
Core-Asset Consulting is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and website users. For further information, please refer to our full Privacy Statement available on our website http://www.core-asset.co.uk/about-core-asset/privacy-statement
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
Louise is the co-founder of Core-Asset Consulting, she is an experienced recruitment specialist with over 20 years’ experience, initially within asset management Louise transitioned to FinTech, Platforms and Pensions following client demand in these areas.
Together with her sector level specialisms Louise is responsible for the day-to-day management of the permanent recruitment team.
We put people before profit, service before sales and ethics above all.Betsy Williamson Managing Director